50° is Godliness
Today is a most beautiful day. Emerson said that each word is a fossil of innovation. At some point in time each word was discovery. There was a time when 'sun' was a revelation. A most brilliant realization. Emerson also said it was our job now, to make these fossils seem as fresh as when they were born. That's hard. It's real hard to when the word and the object seem so far, too far away from each other. Today the sun was so much more than the word. Glorious is a stupid word. Donuts are holy. All the good words are taken and inventing new words is just too silly. We were promised that photos would contain so much detail that we wouldn't need to talk anymore, we'd simply walk around with polaroids expressing ourselves with a snapshot of a tree's shadow on pavement. But that didn't work because there's this way the sun feels when it smacks your face after you round past a tree's shadow. There is a warm godly feeling that's to big for pictures, to grand for words.
I don't know how to go about making a photo essay for the Field. The Field is really just a field. Photographs will prove its plainness. Words can barely portray the field as what it is. A scrying glass that's as big as the sky. I should be able to see into pebbles, but they're too small. The field is not that much bigger. But it's big enough that I can imagine it containing the everything. If the Field can compete on a cosmic level for, most glorious spot, than I can compete on a cosmic level for most glorious person.
Today when I rounded UMass' Tower of Babel the sun smacked me the way it does and there as a fine breeze grinding against brick. I felt the breeze and sun flow thru me and thought of the silly Sufi in the desert who once said:
"Glory to Me, how great is My majesty!"
According to Elmer O'Brien, "he thought he had become God, or perhaps, that God had become him." Makes sense.
I don't know how to go about making a photo essay for the Field. The Field is really just a field. Photographs will prove its plainness. Words can barely portray the field as what it is. A scrying glass that's as big as the sky. I should be able to see into pebbles, but they're too small. The field is not that much bigger. But it's big enough that I can imagine it containing the everything. If the Field can compete on a cosmic level for, most glorious spot, than I can compete on a cosmic level for most glorious person.
Today when I rounded UMass' Tower of Babel the sun smacked me the way it does and there as a fine breeze grinding against brick. I felt the breeze and sun flow thru me and thought of the silly Sufi in the desert who once said:
"Glory to Me, how great is My majesty!"
According to Elmer O'Brien, "he thought he had become God, or perhaps, that God had become him." Makes sense.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home